Thursday, August 5, 2010

9TH Chemo Treatment

I had gone in the day before to have an Echcardiogram to check my heart since I hadn't had one since right before chemo began. My doctor wanted to make sure that things were ok since the chemo can cause damage to the heart and lungs.

He said the results were good except for one minor issue (or at least at this point they think it is minor). There was increased blood flow to my aorta. He is not sure if the chemo is doing it or not. He said he does not think it is anything to be overly concerned about but when chemo is over, we will do some further testing.

During chemo, I had severe restless legs. I have been bothered by them for years but never had them that bad and never during chemo. I wanted to rip the needle out of me and the IV and just get out of there...but of course I could not! Sometimes you feel like such a prisoner in that chair!

Chemo was pretty ok for chemo. That night I had some mild numbness in my face, but nothing major. I am just so tired out all the time....so extremely tired. It is getting hard to keep up with things and to remember things...I forget things I just asked ten minutes ago. Hopefully, this will go away when I am done. Only three more treatments to go and then we will do the PET scan and I pray that I come back completely free and no more treatments...I am ready to get on with my life and to see what God has in store for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment