Thursday, August 5, 2010

10TH Chemo Treatment

Well, here we are at the tenth...I can't believe I have made it this far and I only have two more treatments!! Praise the Lord for giving me the strength to make it through this...it has been a very bumpy road at times with lots of twists and turns but I have made it!!

This chemo session was pretty normal. I saw the doctor and she was concerned because my feet have been swelling very badly and have been painful. She said for now to just keep them propped when I am sitting and to take my fluid pills. I am to call them if it gets bad again because they may need to try some Lasik (not sure if I am spelling that right or not).

They are still having a little problem with my port turning to the side but we are so close to being done and hoping it will hold out a little longer and then we can get that outta there!!

I ordered lunch (got sick and could not eat but a couple of fries and then fell asleep). I need to even stop trying to eat there....just the thoughts of it makes me wanna gag.....it's weird!!

The saddest thing happened at chemo today...I wanted to cry so bad but didn't want to add to the sadness. There was a man and his wife beside me. He was having a chemo treatment. The doctor came out to talk to him and had bad news. You see, from what I could hear this man has been dealing with cancer since last year. He had been hospitalized at one point and was now on chemo at the clinic. The doctor told him that the latest blood smear that they did on him showed Leukemia. He told him about his treatment options and said he would give him two weeks to decide what he wanted to do. The poor man just hung his head down and said, "I can't win for losing!!" It made me so sad. I could see the pure terror in his wife's eyes and I just closed my eyes and prayed for them both!! I can't imagine what he must be going through! God please be with that poor man!! I will never forget his words yesterday!!

Sorry to end on kinda a sad note but I just had to share that story. I ask you to pray for that man..I don't even know his name but I will never forget him!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing that story, Jen... been missing you! You're on my heart... Love you!!

    ReplyDelete