I am so sorry that I am just now getting to write this! It has been a rough couple of weeks and so now I need to update on two chemo sessions.
This chemo was rough, to say the least! I went in and went through the usual talk with the doctor and we discussed that things were getting worse in the way of fatigue and weakness and sickness but we decided we are almost half-way there and will just keep plugging right along.
I went and picked out a chemo chair and they started my pre-meds. I now have Decradon, Zofran, Tylenol, Ativan, and Emend. Once these are all given, they push three of my chemo drugs and the last one is a drip that takes an hour. It usually takes about five hours for the whole process of blood work and seeing the doctor and then getting the chemo.
I was feeling nauseated but tried to order lunch again. I thought I would go safe and order some soup...this did not go well. Well, it went down good but then I started getting so nauseated. I would run to the bathroom and then just have dry heaves and could bring nothing up. I wished so badly that I could vomit because I would feel better but my stomach would just not bring anything up. This went on for two hours and was still like that when I got home. I started that night taking my new nausea med, Anzemet and with the Phenergan it seemed to help.
This is gonna be kinda of short since I now need to post about my latest chemo treatment from this Wednesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment